Monday, January 16, 2012

Fun With Color


As I've been sorting through my craft stash and purging unused and rarely used items, I've also been finding some hidden gems. I recently discovered a big stash of retired inkpads and reinkers from Stampin' Up. I thought I'd sold these off in my last garage sale, but apparently I still had quite a few left.

I was pleasantly surprised to find some old discontinued purples and nearly full reinkers. SU doesn't have a very wide range of purples, and these old colors suddenly look fresh and new again! Lovely lilac, almost amethyst, and today's beauty, orchid opulence.


For today's card, I made rectangle masks, laying them at varying angles on the card. Then I used sponge daubers to ink around the mask. I chose basic gray ink for the flower and sentiment. It's a nice, soft alternative to the harsher and more dramatic black. I used my Sharpie marker to color some clear twinkles, and then placed them in the corner. I like the fact that every rectangle has something interesting going on inside. It makes the eye travel over the entire card, I think.

This "previously loved" stamp set is called Wildflower Garden, and I acquired it on the PTI forums last week. Thanks, Marlo!

Peace and love, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment