Saturday, February 11, 2012

Focus


Opening night of Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D. We just knew the costumed fans would be out in full force last night!



Another Kulczak son finally got to see one of his all-time favorite movies on the big screen!


I have to say that the 3D aspect of this movie was rather disappointing. Not nearly as spectacular as we thought it would be. But what other opportunities do you get to wear cool sunglasses indoors?


One line of the dialog in last night's movie really stood out for me. Qui Gon Jinn tells young Anakin "Your focus determines your reality."

Wow. I repeat, your focus determines your reality!

It is so hard to focus in our culture. There are so many distractions! Cell phones, texting, tweeting, reality television, movies, radio, news, ipods, internet surfing, sports, hobbies, books, shopping, food. The list goes on and on! Very few things that build community, but everything to prevent even one minute of boredom.

I don't know about you, but I know that I really need to refocus and change my reality. What that will mean for me is stepping away from the things that have done very little to give me a sense of community. Facebook, Pinterest, online forums, internet surfing. Those distractions have never brought connection or purpose or peace.

Focus. Prayer. Focus. Walking. Focus. Connecting. Focus. The Word. Focus. Service. Focus. Humility. It won't always be easy. But one thing it will be? Real.


I thought you might like to see how the interactive Love Banner is evolving. Lots of good things to love...Starbucks coffee, Star Wars, Dad's grilling, grandmas and grandpas, puppies. Love is good!

Love well, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I find so many of these distractions help people never to find silence, TV on, radio on, ipod plugged in, you name it, as if people are scared stiff of two minutes of quiet, where they might actually get time to think, to ponder, maybe even to hear...

    ReplyDelete