Saturday, December 16, 2017

Chalkboard Christmas


I love decorating my chalkboard for the holidays. It spreads a little "joy" to our home.

And I love re-creating that chalkboard look on my cards, too. It's easy. I just used a mat die in smoky shadow, did a little embossing with white, and then inked the edges a bit with some Fresh Snow ink. 


Isn't that polar bear too cute? I've been loving Soft Stone card stock this holiday, and I think it worked well here with the white embossed polar bear, too.


{Today's Brew: Holiday Folk stamp set and dies (PTI), PTI ink and card stock, mat stack die (PTI), Lawn Fawn paper, MFT snowflake die, amuse twinkle}


Blessings, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the folk art look. I should venture out from SU and see what other companies have to offer!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Mary Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Arlene! I still love SU, but a lot of it is pretty pricey for me. I'm sure you can achieve the chalkboard look with some of their great stamps, too!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete