Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Planning For 2018


It is hard to fathom that there are only a few weeks of 2017 left before we head in to a new year.

Wow!

This was an eventful year for my family. The good, the not so good, the bad, the wonderful, everything rolled in to 365 days. We sold a house, we bought a house. We moved back home to Michigan and started a new life. New church, new school, new jobs, new opportunities. New friends, old friends, more time with family and those we love. If I can think of one word to describe 2017, it would probably be "full".

I needed to get my planners in order for the year ahead.

For starters, I knew I wanted to use my personal planner again. I had tried once or twice to cobble together some inserts from here, there, and everywhere, but it just didn't work for me and I didn't use it.

I'm back to what works for me, and that is Simple Stories.


I found everything I needed at Hobby Lobby (hello, 40% off coupon!). When it comes to planning, I don't like to make it complicated. I'm not a stamps and dies and fussy planner. I'm a paper, stickers and pen planner.


I love having a two page monthly spread for the big picture.


I also love the little extras, like a sheet for some bullet journaling and To Do lists.


Having the option of a weekly spread is handy, too.


And if there's a particularly busy day, I can add one of these vertical day pages to any spot in the planner where it's needed.


Simple Stories has the cutest papers and graphics. I just love them. I know that looking at the sweet flowers in the Bloom collection will make me happy this year.

Now that I am back to writing, I have to keep track of things like appointments, interviews, and deadlines. Add to that, school and sports for Sam and travel for Ed, and I have a lot to keep write down. Having this smaller size portable planner with me will really be a life saver.

Blessings on your day, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment