Saturday, April 21, 2018

Embossing with Versamark


Sometimes, it's fun to revisit an old technique.

When I first started stamping, I was the queen of Versamark! It gave a subtle watermark when using it for stamping, and it was the bomb for use with embossing.

If a product is this versatile, why do I forget to pull it out and use it?

When it comes to tools, I like to keep things simple. I have a black and a white embossing powder from Stewart Superior, and that's really all I need.


I wanted to watercolor some images from Papertrey Ink Botanical Blocks. I bought these gently used stamps from one of the Buy/Sell forums. Yay! This one had been on my wish list for a while.

My Mom is great at water coloring, and she always pairs it with embossing. It does make it so much easier. The embossing provides a nice "ridge" line to keep paint colors from blurring together, and it works so much better than ink because it won't smudge.


How did that old lady's hand get in the photo? Oh wait. That's MY hand. ;) Still using the back of my hand as my paint palette.


I wanted a background for these images, but patterned paper just felt too busy. Once again, I used my Versamark to give a soft and subtle tone-on-tone background. I used some stamps from PTI Background Basics: Tintypes for this.


And as long as I am using old school techniques, I thought I'd add some old school ribbon. Sometimes, it really finishes off a card nicely.

{Today's Brew: PTI Botanical Blocks, PTI Background Basics Tintypes, PTI card stock, Versamark, embossing powder, watercolors, Amuse ribbon, MFT dies, Lawn Fawn scalloped frame dies}

Blessings on your Saturday, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment