Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back-to-school goodies



Here in Indiana, we've been in school for several weeks. But back home in Michigan, school does not start until after Labor Day. Thanks to a law which was passed to protect summers and tourism, the children there have a much longer summer break. Lucky Michiganders!

My nieces, Paige and Madison, will begin school next week, so I decided to make them these cute little back-to-school kits. We found these items at Target (see, I told you I was namin' names!) on clearance last week. The mini composition books are really small...only 3 X 4 inches, and they come in a two pack for around fifty cents on clearance! I've found that Scotch brand Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive glue works wonders when you are altering any materials with special papers. I stamped on the big erasers using VersaMagic ink, but I'm sure that Stazon would work well also. I wrapped the big pencil in papers and secured with a little scotch tape. The ribbon from Amuse was the perfect touch to this pink and black combo!

{recipe: Label Classics (SU), Priceless (SU), Bella Rose papers, Versafine and Versamagic inks, amuse ribbon, school supplies from Target)

So many products used from so many sources...isn't it nice when everyone can play nicely together?

No comments:

Post a Comment