Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Home Crafting Mysteries



Hmmm...how to mix my love of reading with my love of crafting. Voila! The Home Crafting Mysteries series by Cricket McRae! I found these books at the library, and they are a lot of fun to read. Each book has recipes in the back, too. The first book, Lye in Wait, focuses on soap making. The second book, Heaven Preserve Us, has a home canning angle. And the third book, Spin A Wicked Web, involves wool spinning and knitting.

There are a lot of fiction writers ou there that incorporate hobbies and crafts into their books. I know that Debbie Macomber does a lot with knitting. Laura Childs writes a series of scrapbooking mysteries as well as her Tea Shop series. There are mysteries that focus on cooking, quilting, you name it!

I love it when my favorite hobbies all come together!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get to the library and check out some of the Home Crafting Series. Thanks for sharing a new author.

    ReplyDelete