Friday, January 15, 2010

Feel Better


I've had to send a lot of get well cards recently. Just last week, I knew of three people with pneumonia! I've even heard of a few hospitals that had no room at the inn and were turning people away. Yikes! I'll keep drinking my echinacea tea and washing my hands obsessively!

I made this card today for my sister, Tina. She's at home, recuperating from surgery this week, and I thought she could use a bright and cheery card. She loves yellow, like me, so I know she'll like this sunny little card.

One of the many things I love about these Pure Innocence stamps from My Favorite Things (link at right) is that the line art is very open, making it ideal for paper piecing (umbrella) and also for coloring techniques. My first attempt at coloring this card didn't work so well. I had used Prisma markers, and I just couldn't get a decent flesh tone. So I scrapped that one and started over with my Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I haven't used this coloring technique in a while, but I always enjoy it when I do. This technique is very forgiving. If you make a mistake, you can usually blend it in and make it disappear.

{recipe: Pure Innocence My Umbrella (MFT), Basic Grey Nook and Pantry papers, crushed curry ink and cardstock, garden green cardstock,Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock, versafine onyx ink, prismacolor pencils, gamsol, scallop edge punch, modern label punch, word window punch, velvet flower from Maya Road, large green brad from Making Memories}

From the looks of the grey skies outside, it looks like I may need an umbrella today! I hope your day is bright and cheery, regardless of the weather!

1 comment:

  1. what a pretty card-love the colrs you sued and the paper piecing. I just bought some of these images from mft havent inked them yet

    ReplyDelete