Saturday, June 19, 2010

Papertrey Father's Day



For the month of June, I decided that my big craft splurge would be a few stamp sets from Papertrey Ink. I saw so many fabulous samples of cards made with the button sets, and I just couldn't resist. (Darn that Debbie Olsen! She's just too good!) I love buttons!

I haven't bought from PTI in a few years, mostly because the computer-generated art look is just not my style. But I really loved the sets that let you add buttons...Everyday Button Bits, Baby Button Bits, and Blooming Button Bits. When my items came, I was impressed with the packaging. PTI does a nice job with their branding.

I decided to make a Father's Day card for my husband with the set "Everyday Button Bits" using the bicycle stamp. My husband is a big biker. Thus far, he's logged over 200 miles just in this season! Over Memorial Day, he even biked out to the shop where I work, and that's over ten miles away! I wish he'd let me get him a new bike. He's been riding his mountain bike for over ten years now, and he really needs a road bike or a recumbent bike. He keeps telling me that it's not in the budget. Oh well! I guess he'll have to settle for the button bike this holiday!



{recipe: Everyday Button Bits (PTI), Kraft and Ivory Pure Luxury Card stock (Gina K), mellow moss cardstock (SU), Nutmeg papers from Cosmo Cricket, scallop edge punch, Versafine Sepia ink, buttons from my stash, prisma markers}

I didn't get my husband a bike for Father's Day, but I did get him a fabulous gift none the less. I purchased tickets to see the Indy Symphony on the lawn of Conner Prairie when they perform music for their Sci-Fi series. And who will be there to narrate? George Takei, the original Dr. Sulu from Star Trek! I'm so excited! My husband and I are sci-fi nerds, so I know he will appreciate the night out next month.

Blessings on your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment