Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Time to Bloom




I made a really important decision this month. I have decided to bloom right here where I'm planted.

I felt really convicted one Sunday when the pastor mentioned in his sermon that it is our nature to grumble about our place or situation. But God says to us "Look around at the land that I have given you."

In other words, live a life of gratitude.

I've been living a sort of half-life here in Indiana. My husband's work has had us moving or possibly moving for the last six years. This transitory life can leave you feeling like an uprooted plant that's just trying to find some soil to grip to. Truthfully, a part of me has been afraid to plant myself too deeply for fear that I'll just be uprooted again.

But living in fear is no life at all.



Just last week, my husband had been actively seeking another position in the company...in Pittsburgh. I had resigned myself to another move. But God said no, I want you to stay where you are and grow a little. And for this, I am so thankful. With two sons in colleges here in Indiana, I just couldn't fathom the distance that would separate us.

I am living in the sort of small town that I have always wanted to live in...a charming place with historic homes and buildings, good schools, quaint shops and restaurants, farm fields and farmer's markets. Life is good. So why have I been grumbling?

This will be a year of changes. With two sons off to college, it will be a much quieter house. But this quiet will also allow me to concentrate on my youngest son, Sam. Perhaps I will volunteer more and work less. Whatever develops, I know that I need to leave a little room for God to work in my life.

A little more of He who is in me and a little less of me that is in me. (Thank you, Joanna Weaver, for that great thought!)



Yesterday, we spent a wonderful day at Forest Park, a city park that is within biking distance of our house. It really is a beautiful place with so much to do there...a water park, a golf course, tennis courts, skate park, biking and walking trails, a train station, a carousel, putt putt, playgrounds and gardens galore.







Good times, good memories. Here is a good place to be.



{recipe: all products from SU!, Pick a Petal stamp set, Bella's Bloom stamp set, tangerine tango ink and card stock, daffodil delight card stock, pacific point ink and card stock, scallop edge punch, scallop oval punch, oval punch, scallop circle punch and sponge for clouds, corduroy button}

No comments:

Post a Comment