Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Full Nesting Mode



I have been in full nesting mode this week. You know, fluffing up the house, changing out the decor, cleaning and straightening things up just a bit. I think it must have something to do with the change in seasons (bring on Autumn!) and the change in the season of my life (sons off to college, new school years, new jobs, etc.). Whatever the reason, it is out with the old and in with the new!

I bought some funky new lamp shades on clearance at target this week. I love the burlap and the plaid design. It just looks cozy.




I've been pulling the pumpkins out of storage and putting away all things summer. I swapped out the summer flowers and sampler in my hanging wall basket for something a little more autumnal.



I finally finished this cute little pillow ornament from Sandra Sullivan's Homespun Elegance. It's a little primitive, a little rustic and a little imperfect, but I like it!



Goodbye August and long hot summer. Hello Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment