Monday, August 22, 2011

The One That Got Away



Here it is! The One That Got Away!

Last year, during the 2010 Occasions mini from Stampin Up!, I passed up the chance to buy the stamp set "Well Scripted". I really liked it, though. And every time I saw a sample with it, I'd kick myself for not getting it.

Well, you know how those rare sets from SU can be. Extortionist prices at ebay and on the buy/sell/trade forums.

A few weeks ago, I checked the B/S/T forum at SCS, and guess what? Cindy was selling her clear mount Well Scripted set, and for a reasonable price, too. Yippee! I jumped at the chance this time, and now the One That Got Away is the One That I Got...Finally!

Thank you, Cindy!




I made this card for my mother-in-law, who is celebrating a personal milestone this week.

{recipe: all products from SU!, Well Scripted stamp set, Wonderful Favorites stamp set, white card stock, soft sky card stock, old olive ink and card stock, Fall Flowers designer paper, tag punches, kraft taffeta ribbon, olive felt flower, baja breeze corduroy brad}



This tent topper card is made by cutting a piece of 8 1/2 X 11 card stock lengthwise, and scoring at 4 1/2 inches and again at 4 1/2 inches. This will make a nice two inch by 4 1/2 inch pocket inside, perfect for tucking in a little gift card.

When assembling a ten topper card, I always try to have a standard envelope handy to make sure that the card will fit in the envelope after assembly.

Blessings on your Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment