Monday, August 29, 2011

Sunflower Season



Don't you love sunflower season? I love to see their golden faces turned to the sun. I snapped these beauties at the Toledo Zoo this month. Amazing!

Sunflowers always make me think of my Johnny. When he was just a boy, he used to plant them in our garden and watch the giants grow until they were taller than he was. That was before he was nearly six feet tall. Before he packed up his belongings and moved to college...



I had a few mild panic attacks as we loaded up the family van. But strangely, once we were at his college, God gave me the peace that passes all understanding. I knew he was right where God meant for him to be.



I forgot to give him some of his necessary papers for work study on campus, so I'll be sending him a big envelope of documents in the mail tomorrow. I'll be including this little card:



{recipe: all products from SU!, Serene Sunflower stamp set, Well Scripted stamp set, rich razzleberry ink, tangerine tango ink, old olive ink, black ink, confetti white card stock, kraft card stock, black fine point marker}

I made this 3 1/2 inch square card and added the squiggly frame using a fine point marker.

Just a little clean and simple card to say I Love You.



No comments:

Post a Comment