Friday, August 19, 2011

This Is Not A Technique!


I'll be the first to admit it. When it comes to stamping and paper crafting, I am not a technique kind of gal. As a matter of fact, just hearing someone mention the word "technique" makes me a little leery. As in "This is the peanut butter, saran wrap, and welding torch technique". Aaack! Run for the hills!

This week's Ways to Use It challenge was to use Versamark ink on a project. Hmmm. I haven't pulled out that watermark pad in a looong time. I thought I'd try the Versamark and chalk technique to give my project a soft and fuzzy feeling. Here it is:



Hello, hot mess!

A woman needs to know her strengths and weaknesses. So I ditched the idea for this week's Ways to Use It challenge and moved on to the weekly sketch challenge. Nice, safe, and not so messy!



{recipe: all products from SU!, Season of Friendship stamp set, Fall Flowers designer papers, old olive ink and card stock, really rust card stock, cajun craze ink, soft suede ink,dusty durango polka ribbon}

Can you see the Buckeye tree behind the card? It has the same combination of green and rust leaves. It's looking a lot like autumn these days!

For those of you wondering about the Fall Flowers Designer papers, I should tell you that it came from the 2008 SU! catalog. From the looks of the package, I don't think I ever used it. But I really like it! Isn't it fun to go shopping in your own stash?



1 comment:

  1. Love your autumn-y card! For the record I don't like "techniques" much either! Yes, it is fun to go shopping in one's own craft cupboard! I've gotten a stamping group going where we bring our own supplies and create our own cards. I've been bringing older stamp sets that need a little love. It feels great to be using them. In a way it feels like I'm re-purposing them.....while I'm really not, that's what it feels like....It's Gr8t!

    ReplyDelete