Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Week Later...




Has it really been a week since I last posted? I suppose it's been a little busy here.

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary on Thursday. He gave me a little something to jump start my creativity again:


Oh boy! This is going to be interesting. I'm slowly dipping my toes back in to the pool of paper crafting, but I can see how die cutting machines can be used in lots of other mediums...wool felting, fabric, needle art, and more. There's a bit of a learning curve to these machines, so it's going to take some time.

I did manage to cut out the circle in this little 3 by 3 card. A few papers from October Afternoon, a sentiment and faux ribbon from Papertrey Ink, and somehow I was able to pull off another clean and simple card. I think I'm on a roll!


Mom came to town for a visit with her good friend, Gloria, this weekend! It's always fun to spend time with Mom. We did a little shopping, a little eating, and a lot of talking. Good times! The weather was beautiful and the trees are in full color. It was a spectacular autumn show this weekend.

Mom and I went to Archivers for a little inspiration. I think Mom has been luring me back to card making with her pep talks and enthusiasm. It made her sad to think of me giving up this craft, and well, I'm not in the business of making my mom sad. :)

In the meantime, I am still selling off lots of old, acquiring a little new, and making a mess of my office in the process. This week's project: organization!

Please check out my post (The Great Purge!) for some great deals on vintage Stampin' Up stamps and products!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment