Monday, November 7, 2011

Homespun Holidays


Happy Monday! How was your weekend? I had a great time with Mom and sisters. We did a little eating, a little shopping, a little movie watching, and a lot of fun table talking. Good times!

On one of our shopping expeditions, we stopped in to Quilts Plus, a lovely shop filled with books, patterns, fabric for quilting, and supplies for punch needle and rug hooking.




Seeing all of these marvelous homespun creations really got me in the mood to do some crafting again. So today, I crafted a homespun Christmas card.


This card did take a little assembling, but I like the finished product. The tree has the look of a pieced quilt, thanks to the die that cuts out the various pieces and the matching stamps to give each piece a different pattern. Stamps and card stock from Papertrey Ink, ribbon and ink from SU.


I'm anxious to get started on some needle art projects for the holidays. It's perfect activity to keep my hands busy while I'm watching all of the Hallmark holiday movies!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment