Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Chilly New Year's Greetings!


Happy New Year! It is officially 2013, a new calendar with new possibilities. New goals, new dreams, new plans for future endeavors.

What do you hope to accomplish in 2013? I haven't fully formulated a long list of resolutions this year. Most of my goals are rather vague in nature.

I'd like to find a job this year, something that will give my days some purpose and structure.

I'm going to work hard to stay healthy this year! It's always a goal when you have an autoimmune disorder. That means maintaining a healthy weight, keeping my joints healthy with exercise, and eating healthy. No fad diets or radical workout plans. Just keeping mindful.

I'll need to watch my spending this year. It always gets a little crazy at the end of the year when I'm in full shopping mode. I really need to start using what I have, getting creative, and cutting back on unnecessary purchases.

I'd like to get creative in my crafting, too. I'd like to try some scrapbooking, and maybe a sewing project or two. I'm also hoping to incorporate needle art into my paper crafting. Today's card is one example!


This sweet little red-nosed reindeer was from a kit from the November issue of Cross Stitcher magazine. I stitched it up in no time, and mounted it to this polka dot card front. A card and a little bit of needle art all in one!


A fun gift to warm a friend's heart on a cold winter day!

Brrr! Stay warm, cafe friends!

6 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Word!!! How cute is this??? You are completely right, a fun and thoughtful gift that is sure to melt someone's heart this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sure staying warm! 80* and at the beach here! :)

    This is adorable! I used to cross stitch in high school - what a fun trip down memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is adorable! I love this...too cute Hun! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I cross stitched a stocking for my niece for Christmas, so this kinda project is right up my alley. Another cute card, Mary Rose!

    ReplyDelete