Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fun For Father's Day

I needed to make a Dad's day card for the Dad of the house, and I wanted it to be something a little bit fun. I stumbled upon a cool card in the new SU catalog (p.126), and decided to use it as my inspiration sketch.

The card uses stamps to create the look of washi tape. I confess, I own about three rolls of washi tape. Not a lot, just enough to be "trendy". I decided to use Distress Stains to give me the look and color
wash of washi.


I used painters tape to tape of the ends of my faux washi. Then I applied a streak of stain and let it dry a bit before removing the tape. I applied a few spritzes of Glimmer Mist in Graphite, and then removed the spray nozzle and used the end to dot the card in a few spots. When that was dry, I filled in the stripes with some real washi to give it some pattern and contrast.


I wanted to add a little extra shimmer and bling, so I used a  Sharpie to color a few rhinestones black.


I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches (Simply Said) and stamped the word "Dad" using Paper Smooches Alphadots stamp set.

I wouldn't call it Clean and Simple because it's not all that clean. It's a little messy, a little colorful, and a little fun. But it is a one layer card, and that makes it easy peasy lemon squeezy.


The Dad of the house is a real blessing to all of us, and we hope he feels blessed by this card today!

1 comment:

  1. Oh this looks like you had fun! I actually circled this card in the catty, too - but have to figure out where I put my washi before giving it a try, lol (I like to hide things from myself, apparently!) Way to go on getting crafty already in a brand new house - I'd still be staring at boxes! :) Blessings and Happy Father's Day from our house to yours!

    ReplyDelete