Thursday, February 12, 2015

Planners A-Plenty! My Personal Planner Modified

What's better than ONE awesome planner? TWO awesome planners, of course!


I LOVE my Simple Stories Life Documented planner system. I currently use it as my home organization desk reference.  But I've really grown to love the size of personal planners for their portability. I've been using a vinyl Punctuate planner from Barnes and Noble for the past year. And it works. But it wasn't all that pretty.



When I saw that Webster's Pages had created the Color Crush planners in the personal size, I knew I had to have one. Unfortunately, the planners with kits were sold out and not expected to be back in stock until March.

Hmm. I wondered. Could I purchase just the planner and use my existing calendar inserts from Punctuate? Let's take a look and find out!


I ordered the Caramel color planner from A Cherry On Top (a great company based out of Saginaw, Michigan! GO BLUE!). At $24.95, this planner is such a bargain! When you compare it to the price of a Filofax, Kikki K, or Kate Spade planner, it's a steal. It arrived in this lovely box with vellum overlay. Hello, gorgeous!



The color will go so well with Pumpkin Spice! That's my Subaru Crosstrek's name, by the way. lol

I removed the inserts from my vinyl Punctuate planner, and voila! They fit inside perfectly!


The planner comes with this sweet polka page marker, too.

And because I am a matchy-matchy kind of gal, I used all of my stickers and washi from Simple Stories to jazz up my dividers and pages. The colors make me SO happy!


On the left, I am storing the washi tapes and page clips.


On the right, I used some Simple Stories stickers from Homespun collection to add the pretty flowers. I also put a few sticky notes from a list pad I bought at the Target dollar spot.


As you can see, the Punctuate calendar pages work great! I even love the turquoise color of the print with the orangey-caramel of the planner. I added some washi and stickers to the week. Now, when I look at the days ahead, they make me happy. It's amazing how a little color and some flowers can brighten any day!


I am using the vinyl envelope pouch from Punctuate to store some of my appointment stickers. Notice there's even a pen loop for my trusted Sharpie!


As you can see, I have dividers from Punctuate for Planner, Events, Numbers and Notes. Perfect!


And perfectly coordinated, too!

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your planner. I've bought planners and journals in the past. After a week or two, they sit in a drawer, forgotten and unloved.

    ReplyDelete