Thursday, May 4, 2017

Sunflowers For Mother's Day


I'm heading out of town tomorrow to go to the new house for the home inspection. I haven't seen the place in about a month, and when I did see it, I gave it a very quick ten or fifteen minute tour before dismissing it.

I'm really hoping I find lots of redeeming qualities about the house this time around! I'm bringing my paint samples, my measuring tape, and my Pinterest boards along to help me.

While we are in town this weekend, we thought we'd do a little Mom's Day celebrating early.

I found these really cute organic sunflower grow kits at Target, and thought they'd make a fun gift for the moms.


Of course, I had to make a sunflower card to match. I used the stamp set Botanical Blocks from PTI. First, I embossed the image with fine black detail embossing powder. Then, using inks from PTI, I did a little watercoloring.


{Today's Brew: Botanical Blocks (PTI), PTI card stock and inks, chicken scratch paper, Amuse Studio ribbon}


I added a little splatter over the sunflower panel by flicking a wet watercolor brush gently over the paper. I like watercolors best when they are fluid and not rigid. I find that it's best to paint outside the lines. It just looks more natural.

I have a long drive ahead of me tomorrow, and I'm praying for no road construction and no rain...at least until I get there!

Blessings, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment