Saturday, October 28, 2017

Autumn Trees in Michigan




I love the trees of Michigan. So many beautiful trees! Not surprising, considering we live near Ann Arbor, a town that celebrates trees even in its name.

It was the first impression I had of our new neighborhood, so many houses nestled into the woods. It makes a house feel cozy.

The view from our back deck has been lovely. The sugar maple is turning crimson, the trees beyond are golden...so pretty!


And here's a view from our front yard, where we removed the dead leaning evergreen tree and replaced it with a star magnolia and some low growing junipers.


I pulled out a stamp set from Papertrey Ink last month called Through The Trees. Why haven't I been using this one more often? It's a lovely set with some great tree images like the one featured on today's card:


{Today's Brew: Through The Trees stamp set (PTI), Lawn Fawn papers, Lawn Fawn leaf dies, PTI card stock, white embossing powder, button twine}


Sometimes I like to leave the sentiment off the front of the card. This way, I can stamp something inside for any occasion.

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful trees of autumn in your neighborhood, too!

1 comment:

  1. We went on a small road trip yesterday, and I told my husband that one of the things I do miss about Michigan is the fall color! The colors here in SC are so muted. The leaves do change a little, but are not nearly as vibrant as in MI!

    ReplyDelete