Thursday, October 26, 2017

More Good Things


When a pastor retires, there are bound to be a lot of speeches filled with heartfelt thanks and memories.

But there is one person that often gets forgotten, and that person is the pastor's wife. She is usually the unpaid partner in this scenario, silently filling in wherever her gifts are needed. Sunday school teacher, VBS leader, piano player. And let's not forget how often she has to hold the household together while her husband is on call at all hours of the day or night.

A pastor's wife wears a lot of hats.

I made this card to thank a sweet Pastor's wife and friend!

{Today's Brew: Phrases and Praises stamp set (PTI), MFT dies, PTI card stock and papers}


He fills my life with good things! And on frosty mornings like today, He fills me with coffee!

That's a very good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I am a PK (preacher's kid) and I can relate to this post. My parents spent a great deal of time ministering to the needs of others. Dad spent endless hours at the hospital when church members were having surgery or needed comforting during difficult times. Mom played the piano, sang, and wrote and produced Christmas and Easter plays. My grandmother taught Sunday School for many, many years. I am sure your friend will appreciate the remembrance.

    ReplyDelete