Monday, March 19, 2018

Print Making: First Foray


I have wanted to try printmaking for years now. I've researched it, I've pinned it, I've admired it from afar. I've even purchased the supplies to do it.

So why didn't I ever try it?

I don't know. Perhaps fear holds me back. Fear of the new, fear of the unknown, fear of failure.

Fear holds me back from a lot of things.

I must have been feeling a little fearless today. I woke up this morning, made my coffee, and decided "Today is the day."

I sketched it out first on paper, then went down to the studio with paper in hand and drew it out on my block with a Sharpie.

I watched a few Youtube videos, just to help me assemble the handle and get a feel for the contents in my Speedball kit. And then, I went to work.


I carved, I inked, I stamped onto heavy card stock.

And I loved it. Everything about it. The process. The creativity. The finished product. I am so happy! There is something completely organic about this process for me. It feels so natural.


This is exactly the Easter card I had pictured in my head. No bunnies. No eggs. No candy. Just an empty tomb and a risen Savior.

Tell me, friends. Does fear ever hold you back, too?

 "Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified.He is not here, for he has risen, as he said."  Matthew 28:5-6

4 comments:

  1. ❤️👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 you are totally amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. I forgot to say how much I appreciate the no bunny stuff. My three grandchildren are being raised without God in their lives and I hesitate to only send them a card with a bunny/eggs. Their parents aren't antagonistic but indifferent to the need of instruction and church family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bunnies and eggs and flowers and all things spring. But Easter should be more, right? I promise you, Vikki, that if you are a part of your grandchildren's lives, then God is present there, working through you. :) Bless you, friend!

      Delete