Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween


Happy Halloween, cafe friends!

You may not have clued in to this (based on the lack of Halloween crafts I make!), but I've never been a big fan of Halloween, even as a child. I've always felt a bit more like Charlie Brown ("I got a rock") than Linus with his Great Pumpkin excitement.

I love to see the little ones in their costumes, but I hate to see when adults co-op this sweet holiday and turn it into something silly, horrific, or just plain nasty.

So when it comes to decor, I decorate for autumn, but not Halloween.


That doesn't stop my step mom-in-law from gifting me with Halloween items, though. So I reserve them for the week of Halloween only, and take them down promptly thereafter.


Take, for example, this wreath. Oh. My. Word.


When I took this out of its gift box for the first time, my son, Luke, looked at it and said "What is that thing? Oh my gosh. It's got legs."

Yes, indeed it does.


I made the front porch a little more festive this weekend with some lights.



I'm going to make some pumpkin cookies for the women at my Bible study this morning. I think I will call them Reformation cookies today. :)


Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that wreath, what a screamer! I like to see the kiddos but get tired of business employees dressing up. We live out of city limits on a hilltop and thus no trick or treaters for the past 39 years. Pumpkins, plain, velvet or real are my main décor.

    ReplyDelete