Saturday, February 9, 2019

Nature Journal: A New Crafty Resolution


As I mentioned last month in another post, I am meditating on the word "gratitude" this year. One way that I am hoping to add gratitude to my days is with a nature journal. I want to be thankful for the day, living in the moment and not wishing the day away for some unknown future. For example, not pining for warm sunny 75 degree days in the middle of a polar vortex.

This is my attempt to live in the "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it" attitude.

So I picked up this really expensive field journal.

Just kidding! I got this little pocket sized watercolor journal from Walmart for under $5.

I take a lot of nature photos on my i-phone...walking the dog, visiting a park, zipping through the countryside. Whatever strikes my fancy. I'm using these photos as inspiration for quick little nature studies.






My husband calls me a dabbler. He's right, of course. But I like to think that in my dabbling, I'm stretching myself creatively. And who knows? Maybe that creativity will cross over into my faith, or my writing, or my cooking, or my gardening.

Maybe it has more to do with just being observant.

Take for example, these beautiful photos from last week's ice storm!








I could have been whining that the ice kept us all indoors. Instead, I was outside marveling at its beauty.

I would say that's progress.

Blessings on your weekend, cafe friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment