Sunday, May 19, 2019

A Saturday Bike Ride With Sam


Hello, cafe friends!  Our usual Sunday bike ride got moved to Saturday this weekend, as we knew that rain was expected to come today. A good day for growing grass, but not a good day for biking.

Rainy days are good days for making cards...like this bike card! I recently sold and bought a bike set. First, I sold the Papertrey Ink stamps and dies for Pedal Pusher. It was a cute set, but it was really difficult to use. Add closed dies to that combination, and it made it even tougher still.

So I sold that set and purchased the stamp set Bike Ride from Stampin' Up. I had seen so many simple, cute cards with this set. Easy to layer, easy to die cut, stamp alone without die cuts...so many options!


For today's card, I used some Stampin' Up embossing folders to create the sky and sidewalk.

{Today's Brew: Bike Ride stamps and dies (SU), embossing folders (SU), Lawn Fawn grass die and banner die with sentiment, PTI inks and card stock}

This bike was inspired by Sam's vintage style city commuter bike...I love the green!


This weekend was the historic home tour in Saline. I missed it in the morning, but we are still able to enjoy the homes that are marked along the route downtown. SO many pretty homes to see! Here are just a few.






We explored some of the subdivisions and neighborhoods around town, admiring all the beautiful blossoming trees and spring flowers.

Next time, I will try to take photos of more of the historic homes. I am a confessed house junkie! Hopefully, the townsfolk don't report me for stalking them. ha ha!


Blessings on your Sunday, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. PTI's Pedal Pusher was on my wish list forever and when the purchasing the stamps and dies together became impossible was removed. Thanks for the info on its difficult usage. I ordered the Hero Arts MMH kit this winter with a bike and floral shop stamps. It's been fun to use. Once again I enjoy my MI tours with you.

    ReplyDelete