Tuesday, June 11, 2019

For The Adventurous One


My husband is Mr. Adventure. He loves to travel and explore, hike and bike. It's a good thing, too. He does a lot of travelling for his work, and often he will rent a bike in various cities and go exploring.

I wanted to make him a Father's Day card that had the sense of adventure.


I recently bought the stamp set Heart and Sole from the Buy/Sell forum. I thought it would be a great addition for all of the men in my life. I also bought this SU Pine Bough embossing folder from the forums. It was probably meant to be a Christmas embossing folder, but pine trees are awesome all year long.

You know those expensive Life Changing Brushes from Picket Fence stamps? Well, I have the cheap Walmart version for blending, and they work great! I used them to give a little extra softly inked detail to the pine branches.

The little pine cone stamps and dies are from Lawn Fawn. I think they were just the right accent to add to the bough.


Inside, I used the tree border die from Lawn Fawn and stamped the sentiment underneath.


I like how the reverse emboss of the pine branch is visible on the other side, too.

{Today's Brew: Heart and Sole stamps and dies (PTI), Pine branch embossing folder (SU), Pine cone stamps and dies (Lawn Fawn), tree border die (Lawn Fawn), PTI inks/cardstock/paper}


I have a bad habit of using one company's product on a card. But this time, I really mixed it up with PTI, SU, and Lawn Fawn! I'm happy with the results, too.

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

No comments:

Post a Comment