Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A Cottage Curtain For The Laundry Room


I finally got around to sewing a curtain for the laundry room window. It's a small window, and it really only needed one panel with a tie back. For that reason, it seemed silly to buy a set of pre-made curtains with two panels.


So instead, I bought a tablecloth from Walmart's Pioneer Woman collection. You know how much I love her style and colors!


The tablecloth came with a wrap-around band that was velcroed.


I decided to use that band as my tieback! How perfect is that? I cut the fabric on two sides with enough allowance for seams. I sewed a hem and a rod pocket at the top. It measures 40 inches wide by 54 inches long.


I picked up this matching laundry bag at Walmart, too. It's a good place to hide things like hangars or clothes pins.


I love the happy patchwork of colors! It also picks up on a few of the collectibles I have above the cabinets.




A happy sunny room for laundry day! I think this might be the perfect spot for a cute Lori Holt Bee in My Bonnet project!


Blessings, cafe friends!

1 comment:

  1. You are so clever, Mary Rose! That really makes your room pop! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete