Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Happy Obsession


A few weeks ago, I was able to visit one of my favorite shops in our former hometown of Noblesville, Indiana: Always in Stitches. So much inspiration! The shop has doubled in size from when I first began visiting many years ago. They carry quilt supplies and patterns, fabrics, wool applique, cross stitch and punch needle patterns and supplies, floss, yarn...just about everything crafty you can think of!

I browsed, took photos, and left the shop with a few new floss colors.

But then I got home, and I regretted a few things I did not buy. I probably told myself "You have patterns at home. You don't need new patterns. Just buy the floss." Yeah, I talked myself out of some really cute things. Silly me!

These patterns from designer Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet really caught my eye. I think it was the happy colors and simple, almost retro designs.

I started looking at all things Lori Holt online, and was instantly smitten.

I contacted Always in Stitches a week or two later, and they told me they'd be happy to ship an order for me. I spoke with Jennifer on the telephone, who told me that as she was pulling all the patterns and floss colors for me, it was making her happy just to look at it, too.

Happy! We need more of that!




I made another trip to Joann's to buy some additional floss colors. Lori Holt definitely has a happy palette of bright colors, many of which were not in my stash. So now I have a floss keeper filled with happy!


Looks like I will have plenty of front porch stitching projects to keep me busy all summer!

If you want to see more fun designs from Lori Holt (here quilt patterns are adorable!), you can visit her blog:

beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com

You can find a lot of her products here:

fatquartershop.com

And if you ever get the opportunity to visit historic Noblesville, you must stop in to Always in Stitches!

alwaysinstitches1.com

Blessings, cafe friends!

2 comments:

  1. Floss, patterns and cross stitch patterns ALWAYS make me happy! I was fortunate to score a HUGE stash of floss....almost every color DMC made, wound on nice bobbins and in a huge organizer...at a yard sale. I will never be able to use them all, but it makes me happy looking at them and knowing I have those colors "just" in case I need them! Happy stitching this summer!

    ReplyDelete