Thursday, May 13, 2021

Stamping On Patterned Paper

 


Sometimes I get so caught up in the latest trends and techniques (Ink Blending! Stencils! Embossing!) that I forget about some of the really cool old techniques, too.

Today's cards highlight an oldie but a goodie: stamping directly onto patterned paper. 

I have this stash of really really old Stampin' Up Paper (I think it was called Botanicals?) that features print and images that you might find in an encyclopedia or gardening journal. I thought it would make the perfect backdrop for the Taylored Expressions Field Notes stamps.

The key is finding a background paper that is light enough in color and not too busy.

I first stamped the images with Memento Black Ink, heat set a bit, and then water colored the images using Prima pan watercolors. I really love the effect!




I added a few elements like ribbons, die cut banners, doilies, a scallop strip. I think it gives a sweet look, like maybe a page from someone's nature journal. It's not over-the-top collage-y, like some crazy Cat Lady Great Aunt's strange stalker-looking scrapbook. LOL! 😄


I want to do more water coloring now that the weather is nice and I can take it outdoors. Maybe I will continue with my nature journal. Or who knows! Maybe I will get a cat and I can be that Crazy Cat Lady Great Aunt with the weird scrapbooks. Anything is possible!

Nah. I think I'll stick with my dog.

Happy Spring, café friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment