Monday, June 7, 2021

Zinnias

 


Hello, café friends! How was your weekend? We had warm temps, but there was a nice breeze that made it more tolerable. I did a lot of work in the garden.

And speaking of garden, here's a sweet zinnia I stitched up recently from Lori Holt's Stitch Cards series. This zinnia makes me so happy!


Zinnias are one of the flowers that deer and rabbit do not eat, so I try to plant them in my garden. Also, the butterflies, bees and hummingbirds seems to love them.


This is one of my favorite varieties! It is a low growing, mounded zinnia that makes a great border accent flower in the garden. I planted a LOT of these in the front this year, so I am hoping for good things. This Burpee variety is sometimes hard to find, but I managed to snag a lot of them from my local Target's garden section.

It is not too late to get seeds in the ground! If you plant this week, you can still get flowers by mid summer. We are expecting a week of intermittent rains here...great for garden watering. Lots of new things sprouting every day.

Blessings on your Monday, café friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment