Saturday, September 18, 2021

September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month

 


I cannot let September slip by without talking about ovarian cancer awareness.

There is no reliable test for ovarian cancer, but that does not mean that there are not signs and symptoms to watch for. These can include:

*bloating and abdominal discomfort
*trouble eating, feeling full quickly
*back pain
*fatigue
*frequent urination

Many of the symptoms seem vague. They call ovarian cancer "the cancer that whispers" for this reason.

I made these earrings to wear this month. If anyone asks "What's the teal ribbon about?", I can tell them what I know.


Here's a little trick I discovered. The lighter blue "pleather" has a white core, and I'm not a huge fan of it because it's noticeable. So after I cut both layers and glued together with hot glue (I just like it glued better than I do flapping around loose), I took a COPIC marker in a similar shade of blue and used the fine tip to go around those white edges. It worked great!


I'll be wearing these this month for my dearly loved one. You know who you are. Love you!

Blessings, café friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment