Friday, September 29, 2023

In The Season

 



Attention! We interrupt our regularly scheduled Christmas Card making to bring you this important message:

It's Fall!

You know how us crafters are, always working a season ahead. But sometimes, you have to pause and enjoy the season you are in! And this happens to be my favorite season!

This is reflected in the many stamps, dies and papers that I own in the fall and autumn category.

For example, today's cards feature some Catherine Pooler stamps and dies that I bought last year and didn't get a chance to use.


CP's Painted Leaves and Give Thanks sentiments. I had a strip of this glitter card stock on my craft table and decided "Why not?"

I love how this one turned out!


For this card, I added some gold twine and a wax seal (I think this one is from Honey Bee Stamps). I spent an hour or two the other day making all kinds of wax seals for autumn and into winter and Christmas. As long as I had the supplies out, it seemed like a good idea to stock up.

We are planning a fun "seasonal" weekend. Our Indiana gang is coming to town for a fast visit. We are planning a trip to the small and charming town of Tecumseh, then a night at the movies, and wrapping it up on Sunday with a trip to Bennett's Orchard and the Broken Barrel cider tasting room.

Happy Fall Y'All!






 

3 comments:

  1. You have so much to look forward to! The seasonal weekend sounds incredibly fun. Oh, and thank you for being an enabler lol. Those wax seals will be coming to my home shortly, thanks to the cute cards you have been using them on! The strip of glitter paper was totally the right call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come back to tell you that I immediately ordered wax seals and supplies from Honey Bee Stamps after reading your post this afternoon and they are already out the door and on their way to me!!! Thank you for introducing me to something new!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, Nicole! It's kind of like heat embossing...magical! Make sure to check out Spellbinders, too! They also have cool seals. I sometimes find other seals at Joann's and Hobby Lobby, too.

      Delete