Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Brrrr and Bumblebees

 


Spring is officially here, and we have a light dusting of snow with more to come at the end of the week. 

Brrr! We so enjoyed the warm days last week. You could see everything greening and coming alive. Daffodils began to bloom, forsythia began to bloom, and even my magnolia out front was ready to make a showy appearance.

Spring blooming has now been out on hold...indefinitely.

That's probably for the best. In Michigan, we have to worry about our blossoming fruit trees, like apple and peach and cherry. If they bloom too soon and then get hit with a hard frost, it can decimate the crop. 

In the meantime, I am reading gardening books and making spring creations instead.


Here's another bumblebee card I made using the speech bubble from Call Me (Catherine Pooler). I used the heart from this Coffee Shop stamp set (CP), along with some of the dies from that set, to make this fun card.


I really love these rhinestones from the Dollar Tree that give the look of drops of honey!


Hope your day is sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Those do look like drops of honey! What adorable springy, cheery colors. The Dollar Tree near me in Pittsburgh does not have decent crafting things like those dots but I'm on Hilton Head Island this week so I think I'll check out the Dollar Tree here. I could use some embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are having a great time, Nicole!

      Delete