Last summer, I participated in our library's summer reading program, hosted by Read Squared. It was fun to track my books, and I even earned two prizes! Gift cards to local cafes and ice cream spots. Yay!
This summer's theme is Unearth a Story. It's a dinosaur theme, and there is a group read of Michael Crichton's Jurassic Park to go along with it.
We took a weekend trip to Indiana to visit our family, and I managed to pop in to two Half Price Books stores. I'm happy to report that I also traded in a big box of books, which helped pay for my latest haul.
I now carry a small notepad in my purse, where I have a list of authors and titles that I am looking for, and this helps. You never know when you might be at a garage sale or resale shop and stumble upon books for sale.
I also take photos of my bookshelves. This way, I can grab my phone, look at the photos, and see exactly what books I may have in my collection so that I'm not buying doubles.
I'm currently reading Jan Karon's latest Mitford novel, My Beloved. It's fun to revisit old characters in this story. I purchased this copy from HPB last February, and was so surprised when I brought it home and realized I had picked up a copy signed by the author. Bonus!


Your library's theme is the same as ours! Sewickley Public Library has a winter reading program, too, that I eagerly participate in. I use the gift cards I earn to treat my husband and I to ice teas and ice creams after long bike rides on hot days. He's spent our entire marriage being the sole breadwinner and it's so fun to do this with my "earnings" from doing something I love - reading! Judging by that stack of books, you'll easily meet your library's challenge!
ReplyDelete