Monday, August 24, 2026

Reading with the Cool Girls

 


When it comes to hopping on the latest trendy train, I'm usually the last person to board. Most of the time, I don't even buy the ticket to take that ride in the future.

Maybe I've just become wiser as I'm approaching my 60th year on the planet. Or perhaps I'm just a rebel.

I've been burned too many times before.

That popular bible study leader that has everyone buzzing with their fresh, new ideas! Yep. Nothing new.

That TV series that everyone is talking about! Pass.

The home trend that has us all painting our walls in a cold grey and installing shiplap and barn doors! No thank you.

So when it comes to my preferred reading material, I usually skip the newest thing that has the literary world and the Booktok community buzzing.

I won't be reading Yesteryear, or the latest Romantasy, or just about anything from the top ten bestseller's list.

But here's my exception: The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion by Beth Brower.

These slim volumes have so many loyal followers from fellow readers that I trust. 

So when I saw these first two entries at Reader's World in Holland over the weekend, I squealed with delight. They are hard to find, and often have to be special ordered. But now I have them in my eager little hands.


I think there are six more volumes after these, with number nine coming soon.

Let the reading obsession begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment