Monday, August 17, 2009

Autumn Blessing



Happy Monday, friends! As promised last week, I am now unveiling the debut cross-stitch creation from Mary Rose's Cafe!

applause! applause!

Oh thank you, you're too kind. Really.

This was a fun project, and I'm glad I gave it a shot. Designing my own cross-stitch patterns is not something I'll be doing a lot of in the future, but it was fun giving it a whirl.




As I mentioned earlier, this was a pillow wrap pattern kit from Pine Mountain Designs. I used all the elements contained in the kit, but decided to create my own pattern.

I pulled out some graph paper and made a careful count of the canvas in the kit, then plotted out the square onto graph paper. Once I had the parameters in place, I played around with the placement of letters and images. I found the center of my pattern and just began stitching from there.

I had to alter a few things ( in other words, pull out stitches and start again!), but over all, I think it came out just as I'd imagined.

Thanks for popping in to the cafe today!

1 comment: