Friday, August 14, 2009

Camera Woes

Well, my camera is still being uncooperative. I think I'll have my technical support crew (Ed and boys) look at it this weekend and see if they can fix the problem.

I have so many things I want to show off, too! First, I finished stitching my fall pillow project from Homespun Elegance. Maybe I'll make the pillow and complete the project this weekend. It was a lot of fun to stitch, and I finished up while I was at my mom's house.


Last night, I finished another stitching project that I'm very proud of because I desgined the pattern myself. Yep! Little ole' me! I purchased a pillow wrap kit from Pine Mountain Designs that included the floss, needle, button, pillow wrap, and pattern. I liked everything about the kit but the pattern. So I took some careful measurements, got out my charted graph paper, and drew out a new pattern. This was definitely a trial and error project...some things worked easy as pie, other things had to be taken out and reconfigured. But over all, I found the designing process to be very similar to a papercrafting project:

1.) Work within the parameters of size.
2.) Color is key.
3.) Balance the placement of your images.
4.) Decide if sentiment or image will be focus.
5.) Place sentiment and images so that your eye is moving around project in a pleasing manner.
6.) Have fun with it...it's your creation, after all!

Today, I thought I'd show you an amazing creation from another artist. Last week, when I stayed at my mom's, she had made my bed using this beautiful quilt:




This quilt has quite a history in our family. My godparents, Rose and Wes Miller, had a mother named Ollie. Ollie was from the Ross family, who traced their family history to Betsy Ross. Ollie, not unlike her ancestor, was an artist with needle and cloth. She made this amazing quilt and gave it to my mother as a gift.




Yep, I was a little nervous to sleep under it! But my sister, Tina, the quilter, always says that quilts are meant to be used. It was nice to be wrapped in a little piece of family history.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. What an incredibly beautiful quilt! That was sure a special gift for your mom to receive.

    ReplyDelete