Sunday, August 30, 2009

Delight



The Beth Moore simulcast this weekend was awesome! It is always a delight to listen to her. 516 locations hosted the event in eight countries. As always, Beth was totally inspiring. This year, the focus was Psalm 37, and in particular, verse four: "Delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." This verse seemed to pair so well with the devotion I'd found earlier in the week (see "Inspiring Women").

Beth told the funniest story about Texas Sheet Cake. CAAAAKE! I'll never look at Texas Sheet Cake again without thinking of her marvelous analogy to our longings and petitions to the Lord. She's even included her recipe for Texas Sheet cake on her blog. You can find it if you click on the "beth moore" link on the right and then click on blog.




I went solo to the event, drank my Starbucks coffee, and soaked it all in. Sometimes, it's difficult to get out and do stuff when you don't have anyone to accompany you. But I also know that I'll miss a lot of important things if I don't get out and try to make the effort.

As we wrapped up the session, Beth read from verse three: " trust in the Lord and do good." She encouraged us all to get out in the world and do some good. This week, I'm going to start doing some good...I'm going to watch children for moms attending bible study every Tuesday morning. It's a little thing, but it's been a while since I've found a place to serve. Soon, I will be helping in Sam's kindergarten classroom each week as well.

Tomorrow is Monday, the beginning of a new week. Let's all get out there and do good!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing you will be to the other moms in watching their children, so their spirits can be filled. That's awesome hun!

    ReplyDelete