Friday, August 28, 2009

New Purchases



Good morning! I just had to show you a photo of my big splurge. I bought these cool Converse tennis shoes (plimsolls, for my British readers) at Target yesterday. I just loved the charcoal color and the fun design. All of my boys wear Converse, and I didn't want to be left out.

Now, you may be asking yourself, "Hey! How did Mary Rose take a photo? I thought her camera died?" Well, my second big splurge of the day was this:



My dear sweet husband had some Best Buy reward zone points that he let me use to help with the purchase. Well, I can tell you that in the six plus years since we got our last digital camera, they have gotten a lot cheaper and a lot smaller! I've always owned Canon cameras, and I'm hoping and praying that this basic model point-and-shoot variety will serve me well. If you've had this model and had problems with it, will you do me a favor? Don't tell me! ha ha!

Scans just do not do my projects justice. I mean, really, when you look at the photo of this card and compare it with yesterday's scan, there really is no comparison!



I've read that the Canons do really well on the macro setting, and since I do a lot of macro shots, I figured it would be a safe bet.

I plan on spending a wonderful evening with one of my best friends. She makes me laugh and cry and she encourages me like no other on my faith walk. Yes, I'm talking about Beth Moore again. I'm going to the simulcast at a megachurch in the area, and more than likely, I will not know a soul. Sure, I feel like the world's biggest loser for admitting that. But the truth is I spend way too much time at home, and I need to force myself to get out, even if it kills me. Who knows? Maybe I'll meet a kindred spirit there. (Sometimes, this "making new friends" gig feels a lot like dating, and by the way, I hated dating!) Maybe I'll wear my new Converse tennis shoes there and really shock the church ladies. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment