Thursday, August 27, 2009

Country Morning


I sat down to make a card yesterday, and remembered that I had not used this new hostess set yet. Country Morning is a sweet stamp set, but sheesh! What is is with Stampin' Up and the teeny tiny print these days? My eyesight is mediocre at best. I'm normally near-sighted, but since turning forty, I've noticed that I'm taking my glasses off to do close-up work like cross-stitch. I think it's time to buy myself a pair of cheater glasses!

For those of you who can't read the print on this card, it says "There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy." Nice sentiment, if you can read it! ha ha

{recipe: Country Morning (SU), Autumn Vine dsp, more mustard/really rust cardstock, versafine sepia ink , prisma markers, prima flowers, aged copper brads}

It looks like a Country Morning here today...there's a light fog hanging over the nature preserve out back, and everything looks misty and watercolored.

I have about five places where I need to go today, and only three hours of kindergarten time to get them all done in! It looks like Sam will be going to the grocery store with me this morning. Oh the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment