Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Inspiring Women




Have you seen it? The newest issue of Where Women Create magazine features Mary Engelbreit. Mary is so inspiring! I miss her Home Companion magazine. Mary's very busy these days...and she has a blog! I've added a link at the right. Mary is planning a big workshop in my former hometown (and her current hometown) of St. Louis in April 2010. You can check out the info on her blog.



I've added another link to one of my favorite inspiring women on the right. Beth Moore is the woman I want to be when I grow up. Seriously, is there a more godly, funny, wise and stylish woman on the planet? I love her!

While reading my morning Beth Moore devotion book the other day (Praying God's Word), this quote from Beth leapt off the page and went straight to my heart. I have a few big empty places in my life right now, and it's left me dissatisfied. I can see now where I haven't invited God to occupy these places for me. I decided to make this little inspirational bit of artwork for my crafting space. It's always nice to aurround ourselves with visual reminders.

{recipe: Carte Postal, Label Classics, kiwi kiss cardstock, kiwi kiss ink, certainly celery ink, riding hood red ink, more mustard ink, soft suede ink for sponging, scallop edge punch}

Did you know that Beth Moore is having a live simulcast this weekend? She'll be broadcasting from Green Bay, Wisconsin on Friday night and Saturday. You can find info on a local church that will be showing this simulcast by clicking on the Beth Moore link. I don't have a soul to go with me, but you know what? I still think I'm going to go! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment