Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On Pins and Needles




My latest stitching project is a pin cushion from Homespun Elegance. I worked on this project on the trip to and from Luke's college. I need to pick it up again this week. I have to put the caps on the acorns, the stems on the leaves, and leaves on the vine.





I took Mom to historic Zionsville last Saturday, where we enjoyed a mocha and popped into an adorable yarn shop and my favorite needle art shop, Persnickety Stitchers. I finally purchased a Q snap frame for my smaller needle art projects, and I think next time I'll pick up a larger size. I also found some lovely antique brass button charms from Homespun Elegance, and a new punch needle project for fall.

These days, my craft dollars seem to be spent on needle art more often than stamping and papercrafting. That's a good thing, as I have plenty in my rubber stamp stash to keep me creating. But invariably, when I find a new needle art pattern, I don't have the right floss or linen, and it's back to the shop for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment