Monday, August 24, 2009

Top Ten Town



The secret is out. My town was recently voted one of the top ten best towns for families by Family Circle magazine (August issue). It is true...Noblesville, Indiana is a nice place to raise a family, for a lot of reasons. Good schools, nice neighborhoods, a wonderful historic downtown with an original courthouse and historic homes and shops, a fabulous library, bike and walking trails, lovely parks, all situated along the White River with plenty of farms and fields and gently rolling woodlands. It is a nice place to be.



I made this card today for my Mom, who was visiting us this past week. We love to shop in downtown Noblesville together. We usually grab a coffee at the local cafe and then hit the shops: clothing shops, gift shops, children's bookstore, home furnishings, antique shops, quilt and needleart shop, everything but a local stamp shop (drat!). This townscape looks a lot like one of the streets in downtown Noblesville. I know it will make my mom smile.

{recipe: stamps from Amuse Art Stamps, Versafine onyx ink, prisma markers, old olive cardstock, more mustard ink and paper, real red paper}

Mom came to town so that I could take my oldest son, Luke, to college. Move-in day went well, and I know that Luke was happy to have his mom and dad there to help. He's had a fun weekend, and classes start this morning.

Blessings on your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment