Friday, August 21, 2009

Turning A New Leaf



Can you feel autumn in the air? I can! The sky has the look of fall, with big billowy clouds. Many of the trees are starting to change their colors in our area, too. I've always like this sentiment....the leaves do become the star of the show during this season.

I was inspired to make this card after looking at some new papers that will be featured in SU's Holiday mini catalog. I liked the look, and decided that I could probably get the same effect with some careful stamping and sponging. I used Gina K's Pure Luxury Pure Ivory cardstock as the base. It is substantial enough to stand alone.

{recipe: Country Blessings (SU), Antique Cracking (SU), Frames w/ a Floursih (SU),sentiment from Make An Impression, really rust ink and cardstock, taken w/ teal ink and cardstock, more mustard ink and cardstock, choc. chip and soft suede ink, designer label punch, oval punch, modern label punch, brads}

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mary, you know me...I love this card. So dang cute. So very autumnal -my favorite word- autumnal. Kind of rolls of the lips, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete