Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Flower For Mom


A very special person had a birthday last week...my mom! We were able to celebrate her birthday when she came to town this weekend, and I was finally able to give her this framed gift. The design comes from a kit by SamSarah that included everything...button, floss, cloth and frame.



I love to stitch, but I'm not always the best at finishing the project. A frame is a simple finish, but they can also be expensive. So here's one way that I finish frames. I use a piece of chipboard, cut to size, to wrap my project around, then I secure it in the back. I put that in the frame. Then, to give it the stability and backing, I cut a piece of cork to size and pop that into that back as well. You can see it here:



The advantage to using a piece of cork is that you can pop the entire stitched project out of the frame and reuse the frame for different projects. In the future, I might want to stitch up something for Mom that is more seasonal. She can pop out the "Mom" project and put a new one in its place.

Pretty clever, huh?

Thanks for visiting the cafe! Have you had your pumpkin spice latte today?

No comments:

Post a Comment