Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's A Gina K. Kind of Day


Today was a great day to just spend an hour in my fantastic local library, perusing the shelves and looking at new books and magazines. I confess, I am a magazine junkie. I currently have three subscriptions that come to my door: Better Homes and Gardens (thanks, Mom!), Country Living and Midwest Living (both were just $5 for a one year subscription...I couldn't pass it up!).
But if you're like me, you want to see them all without paying for them all. That's when the local library really comes in handy. I was able to browse through the current issues of Somerset Studios, Cardmaker, Cross Stitch, and Crafts N Things magazines, soaking up all the inspiration.

I was pleased to see that Gina K. Designs were heavily featured in the craft magazines this fall. In Crafts N Things, there's a great feature article about Carolyn King (Cammie) and the cause close to her heart...Alzheimers. And in Cardmaker magazine, there's a great interview with Tami Mayberry. Lots of fabulous samples from both of these amazing artists, too.

Today, I pulled out one of my favorite Gina K sets, Botanicals. I need a few sympathy cards, and this set is wonderful for all occasions, even the sad ones.


{recipe: Botanicals (Gina K), Karen Foster paper, Pure Luxury kraft and ivory card stock, dusty durango/soft suede ink and cardstock, Martha Stewart punch, pearls}

1 comment: