Thursday, April 28, 2011

Have A Seat


Ah, the love affair with the cute little chair. Chairs have been appearing in design and paper crafting for the last year or two. There's just something architecturally pleasing about a nice chair. Canterbury Home had some lovely specimens, like the one above.



Of course, when we found this beauty, we all wanted a tutu chair, too! I decided to make a card today that pays homage to the tutu chair.



I spent an INSANE amount of time on this card today. I knew that I wanted to use a vintage floral paper, and I made several attempts at the "tutu". I would pick it up, add something, and lay it down. Go back a few hours later, take something away, flip it around, lay it down. But I think I finally got a configuration that made me happy.

{recipe: papers and lace from Websters Pages, Timeless Treasures (SU), Noteworthy (SU), cool caribbean ink and cs, tangerine tango ink and cs, blushing bride ink, scallop edge punch, pearls}

I hope the tutu chair made you happy, too. I pray that your day is tutu wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment