Friday, August 5, 2011

Devoted





I have devoted myself to making this a great summer for my children. The nights are all about my older sons, with parties for their friends that usually involve card games, food and movies in the basement. During the day? It's all about Sam and his neighborhood friends.

When all of the bikes end up in front of my house, I try to think of new ways to entertain the kids.



This week, we set up the tee pee under the buckeye tree. And of course, when you have a rope swing and a tee pee, it's only a matter of minutes before the guns come out and Cowboys and Indians roam through the woods.



Did cowboys use light sabers? I suppose there are times you have to grab whatever weapon is handy.

Sam said the sweetest thing the other night. He told me that he's glad I'm not working because we get to spend a lot more time together. He's right. Being unemployed has not been great on the family financial budget, but it has certainly improved our family time budget.

Of course, more free time means more time to craft, too!

Here's a card using my much neglected 2010 In Colors of Pear Pizzazz and Concord Crush:
Add Image
Add Video
Remove Formatting from selection



{recipe: All Products from SU!, Herb Expressions, Confetti Cream card stock, Concord Crush ink and card stock, Pear Pizzazz ink and Designer Patterns paper, Pear Pizzazz seam binding, Designer Frames embossing folder}

I've been using Stampin' Up's confetti cream card stock all week. I just love it! It's great for watercoloring, as I did with this card, and also a nice weight for embossing. Unlike really super heavy card stock that will crimp and wrinkle when you cut out intricate patterns, this card stock has just enough give to make it flexible, but enough heft to make a good card base, too.

Blessings on your Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment