Sunday, January 28, 2018

Cottage Guest Room Makeover


Yay! I can finally show you the guest room makeover!

Here's what we started with: a really really dark navy room with walls and ceiling and trim in really bad shape.


After a coat of KILZ primer, we got to work painting the room in a nice light reflecting Guildford Green from Benjamin Moore.


And here it is today:




Much better!

I like the green paired with the coral (not pink, boys!) colored buffalo check IKEA duvets.


This nightstand was from my mom. She painted it many years ago, and I just love the finish.


We probably don't need two twin beds in this room, but we have them, so might as well include both in the room. I added this bench as a side table to the other bed. My brother, George, made this bench for me for Christmas almost twenty years ago. So sweet!


I still need to get some new curtain hardware. I think we will install Bali blinds in all of the bedrooms. In the meantime, we can enjoy the pretty view of the woods along the side of the house.


It's nice to have a mirror for guests in this room. I've had this one for a LONG time, and I still love it.


My husband, the perfectionist, had to paint the ceiling and the trim, too. And I have to admit, it makes all the difference in giving the room a clean, finished look.

The walls will probably need some artwork in the future, but for now I can appreciate the clean look of this room.

What room to paint next? The office? The master? The laundry room? Stay tuned!

Thanks for visiting the cafe today!

1 comment:

  1. The entire room looks so much bigger/airy with the lighter color! I love that you keep special pieces from the past. Beautiful! M.L.

    ReplyDelete